French-English bilingual theatre workshops for teenagers from 12 to 18 years old in Courbevoie
Theatre Workshops for teenagers from 12 to 18 years old in Courbevoie
Bilingual theatre workshop goals:
- Discover the theatre experience, with gradual and playful introduction of the English language over the course of the year.
- Experience and enjoy English ‘in action’, through play and on-stage activities.
- Offer a non-scholastic, alternative experience of the English language
All our exercises have been developed with the aim of introducing and fostering the qualities integral to a young actor:
- Working specifically on English language techniques: vocal warm-up (face and vocal chords), tongue twisters, vocabulary focus on the day’s content, listening and repeating with precision in the “passing the sound” exercise.
- Focus on stage position using English vocabulary. Analysis of “good places” on stage, balancing the space and the notion of ‘focus’.
- Theatre exercises : working on passions, clay
- Sculptures: postures, with and without text, adding improvisations; situation improvisations;
- Creating settings; exchanging gestures (attention to detail, reproduction of actions);
- Neutral body and movement; crossing the stage ‘on a tightrope’, ‘through a forest’ etc. ; character development; using stimuli (poems, songs, images etc) to create scenes in groups; devising theatre!
A typical workshop’s activities include:
- A concentration game to bring the group together,
- Warm ups (body, voice, then theatre),
- A theatre exercise, tied to the session aims,
- Each session ends with an opportunity to share in each other’s experiences
Good-natured, respectful participation and constructive suggestions are essential, and children learn to observe, be spectators, and offer positive feedback for their classmates.
Teenagers from 12 to 18.
On Wednesdays from 6:30pm to 8pm.
12 teenagers per group.
Maison de la Famille
12 rue Jean-Pierre Timbaud
Buzzer “Salle Polyvalente”.
325€ a year for 26 sessions, excluding 10€ annual membership*.
*Only one membership is required per family.
1st session free of charge!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.